Effective from 06/08/2012. Last Updated 12/07/2018.
- About this policy
- What information do we collect
- Why we collect your personal information
- Where we collect your information
- How we share your personal information
- Your rights to access and control
- Retaining your information
- Keeping your data secure
- Links to other website
- Social Media
- Contact Us
ABOUT THIS POLICY
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What information do we collect?
Information we collect may include:
- Name and Contact information. Contact Preferences.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests that relate to use of The Westbridge Hotel facilities and services.
- Personal preferences such as dietary requirements, disabilities or any other special requirements.
- Details of method of payment to fulfil the contract with you in relation to use of our facilities and services.
- Your conversations with us when you interact with Reservations, Accounts, Reception and all other departments.
- Your feedback about our services via post stay surveys.
- Information about your guests travelling with you. Please make sure you have obtained their permission to share the information.
- Information gathered for analytical purposes only – geographic location, type of devices you use to interact with us, name of your network provider, browser type to access our website and records of your website journey. These do not identify you as individual.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
There are number of reasons why we collect & process information about you:
- To fulfill a contract we have with you – Booking process.
- To provide you with products and services you have requested.
• Legal Obligation
- To comply with legal obligations – Record keeping of hotel guests.
• Legitimate interest
- To verify your identity.
- To monitor the use of products and services we offer.
- To improve products and services both online and offline.
- To manage our relationship with you.
- To allow you to interact with us online through various ways – social media, online forms, website, etc.
- To conduct analysis and testing of our systems
- o To keep you informed of our services and products through our marketing communications. We will only send out marketing emails to you if you have provided us with explicit consent .
WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information you provide to us directly and indirectly when interacting with our products and services. Examples when we collect information may include the following:
- Making reservation – via our website, via email, over the phone, at the hotel, via 3rd party including but not limited to online travel sites, business travel providers, tour operators.
- Completing forms online(website) and offline(registration cards, comment cards)
- Using hotel facilities– Restaurant, Lounge, Gym.
- Using Hotel Internet.
- Participating in competitions and prize draws.
- Completing online feedback forms about your stay.
- Interacting with us on Social Media, online forums, by email, phone.
- Signing up to our newsletter online.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your information will only be shared in accordance with this policy and where agreement is in place to ensure your information is protected.
When sharing your information with our data processors, that handle information on our behalf, processors will only use your information in accordance with our instructions and for the purpose of this policy.
YOUR RIGHTS TO ACCESS AND CONTROL
The data subject has rights under the GDPR. Each of these rights are supported by The Westbridge Hotel and is actioned within the timescale stated by GDPR. These consist of:
Data Subject Rights and Timescales for data subject requests
Data Subject Right
Timescales for Data Subject Requests
|The Right to be Informed||At the time we collect the personal data or within one month if acquired through third party|
|The Right of Access||Within one month|
|The Right of Rectification||Within one month|
|The Right to Erasure||Within one month|
|The Right to restrict Processing||Without undue delay and within one month|
|The Right to data Portability||Within one month|
|The Right to Object||Within one month of receipt|
|The Right in relation to automated decision and profiling||Not Specified|
Please ensure you keep your information up to date. Please notify us when your information needs to be changed.
You can change your communication preferences by following methods:
- Liaise with a member of Front Office Team.
- By email request.
- When completing registration card on arrival.
- Choosing ‘unsubscribe’ option on relevant communication. For example, every newsletter you receive from us will have an option to opt-out at the bottom of the email.
We may rely on an alternative legal basis for processing an activity, but will inform you of that. If you withdraw consent we may not be able to provide you with services or products you have requested.
You can exercise any of your rights by writing to us directly at The Westbridge Hotel 335-337 High Street, London, E15 2TF. You will be required to proof your identity for the purpose of fulfilling your request.
RETAINING YOUR INFORMATION
To the extent permissible by applicable law, we will retain your personal information for such period as necessary to satisfy or to fulfil the following:
- The purposes for which that personal information was provided;
- An identifiable and on-going business need, including record keeping;
- A specific legal or regulatory requirement;
- A requirement to retain records that may be relevant to any notified regulatory investigations or active legal proceedings.
Where there is no sufficient justification to retain such personal information, such personal information will be safely and securely deleted, disposed of and/or encrypted.
KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE
We implement appropriate administrative, organisational and technical safeguards and security measures to protect personal information within our control from unauthorized access, acquisition, disclosure, destruction or alteration, accidental loss, misuse or damage. We regularly review and monitor such safeguards and security measures.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily.
However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. Please check their policies before submitting any personal information.
We provide links to social media website on our website including Facebook, Twitter, Google, LinkedIn, Instagram and TripAdvisor.
If you log in to or make use of these, we may (depending on your privacy settings) access your information that includes but is not limited to your name, email address, gender, location, profile, picture, contacts and any other information that you have chosen to make available.
In the public areas of The Westbridge Hotel and some staff areas CCTV is in operation and video recordings may be made. This activity is carried out for security and service reasons for the better management of The Westbridge Hotel and security for all its customers and staff. For further information regarding the hotel’s CCTV please contact Hotel General Manager.
The Westbridge Hotel may change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you have a complaint and not happy with our response, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/ about your concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
If you would like to get in touch with us in relation to the above, please contact us
- By Email: [email protected]
- By Post: The Westbridge Hotel, 335-337 High Street, London, E15 2TF, UK