Whether you are cooking for the family or entertaining a tough crowd, our Head Chef’s baked artichoke and 3 cheese dip recipe will certainly become a new favourite!
4 Fresh Artichokes
2 Garlic Cloves
5 Sprigs of Thyme
7 pcs Black Peppercorns
20gr Parmigiana Reggiano
20gr Grana Padano
1 Star Anise
First of all, the tough outer petals from the artichoke will need to be removed until it’s about half its original size. Then, cut about a half-inch off the stem and approximately one inch from the top after that. Split it lengthwise and remove the silky thistle and remaining thorny leaves from the centre of the artichoke. Rinse thoroughly and place in cold crispy water.
You can also refer to this video for a step-by-step version of this process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6B2X8yJ1dXA
- Sweat off shallots, thyme and crushed garlic in extra virgin olive oil
- Once you unlocked the aromas deglaze the pot with vermouth
- leave it to simmer in medium heat until it has reduced by half
- Refill with water adding the black peppercorns and the star anise
- Immerse the artichoke hearts into the cooking stock and cook on a slow simmer until tender and a knife go through without resistance
- Leave it in a cool area and allow it to cool down
- Remove artichokes and slice them, mix through with Parmesan, Grana Padano and Brie cheese, good quality mayonnaise and spread it out on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and on 180C bake until golden brown
- Finish with a good sprinkle of chives and balsamic glaze
This easy hot artichoke dip goes extremely well with crudities, artisan bread -or your favourite crisps!